The post of Victorian Gothic Furniture was uploaded at March 2, 2017 at 6:56 pm. It is uploaded at the Furniture category. Victorian Gothic Furniture is tagged with Victorian Gothic Furniture, Victorian, Gothic, Furniture..
VictorianVic•to•ri•an (vik tôr′ē ən, -tōr′-),USA pronunciation adj.
- of or pertaining to Queen Victoria or the period of her reign: Victorian poets.
- having the characteristics usually attributed to the Victorians, esp. prudishness and observance of the conventionalities.
- noting or pertaining to the architecture, furnishings, and decoration of English-speaking countries between c1840 and c1900, characterized by rapid changes of style as a consequence of aesthetic and philosophical controversy, technological innovations, and changes of fashion, by the frequent presence of ostentatious ornament, and by an overall trend from classicism at the start to romanticism and eclecticism at the middle of the period and thence to classicism again, with attempts at stylistic innovation occurring from time to time.
- noting or pertaining to the massive, elaborate work characteristic esp. of the period c1855–80, derived mainly from the Baroque and Gothic styles and characterized by the presence of heavy carved ornament, elaborate moldings, etc., by the use of strong and generally dark colors, by the frequent use of dark varnished woodwork, by the emphasis on geometrical form rather than on textural effects, and frequently by an effect of harshness.
- a person who lived during the Victorian period.
- a house in or imitative of the Victorian style.
Gothicgoth•ic (goth′ik),USA pronunciation adj.
- (usually cap.) noting or pertaining to a style of architecture, originating in France in the middle of the 12th century and existing in the western half of Europe through the middle of the 16th century, characterized by the use of the pointed arch and the ribbed vault, by the use of fine woodwork and stonework, by a progressive lightening of structure, and by the use of such features as flying buttresses, ornamental gables, crockets, and foils.
- (usually cap.) pertaining to or designating the style of painting, sculpture, etc., produced between the 13th and 15th centuries, esp. in northern Europe, characterized by a tendency toward realism and interest in detail.
- (cap.) of or pertaining to Goths or their language.
- (usually cap.) of or pertaining to the music, esp. of northern Europe, of the period roughly from 1200 to 1450, including that of the Ars Antiqua, Ars Nova, and the Burgundian school.
- (usually cap.) pertaining to the Middle Ages; medieval.
- (sometimes cap.) barbarous or crude.
- (often cap.) noting or pertaining to a style of literature characterized by a gloomy setting, grotesque, mysterious, or violent events, and an atmosphere of degeneration and decay: 19th-century gothic novels.
- (cap.) noting or pertaining to the alphabetical script introduced for the writing of Gothic by Ulfilas and derived by him from Greek uncials with the addition of some Latin and some invented letters.
- (often cap.) being of a genre of contemporary fiction typically relating the experiences of an often ingenuous heroine imperiled, as at an old mansion, where she typically becomes involved with a stern or mysterious but attractive man.
- (usually cap.) the arts and crafts of the Gothic period.
- (cap.) the extinct Germanic language of the Goths, preserved esp. in the 4th-century translation by Ulfilas of the Bible. Abbr.: Goth, Goth., goth.
- (often cap.) a story, play, film, or other work in the gothic style.
- (usually cap.) [Brit.]See black letter.
- (often cap.) a square-cut printing type without serifs or hairlines.
Furniturefur•ni•ture (fûr′ni chər),USA pronunciation n.
- the movable articles, as tables, chairs, desks or cabinets, required for use or ornament in a house, office, or the like.
- fittings, apparatus, or necessary accessories for something.
- equipment for streets and other public areas, as lighting standards, signs, benches, or litter bins.
- Also called bearer, dead metal. pieces of wood or metal, less than type high, set in and about pages of type to fill them out and hold the type in place in a chase.
The article of Victorian Gothic Furniture have 7 pictures it's including Antique Victorian Furniture, 17 Best Ideas About Gothic Furniture On Pinterest | Gothic, Gothic Bedroom And Gothic Bed, 17 Best Ideas About Gothic Furniture On Pinterest | Gothic, Gothic Bedroom And Gothic Bed, Cool Gothic Living Room On Living Room With Victorian Gothic Revival Ultra Gothic Furniture Polyvore, Victorian/Gothic Furniture On Pinterest | Baroque, Furniture And Victorian Gothic, Gothic-victorian-furniture-gothic-victorian-furniture-images-that-, Pair Antique Victorian Oak Gothic Chairs With Leather Seats. Below are the attachments:
Victorian Gothic Furniture Collection are not for all, but when you've an appreciation of the fine lines in artwork and architecture, then you love contemporary rooms. Currently, you probably don't understand how to build the right contemporary room agreement and you also might think it is something that the developer superstars have the effect of, nevertheless you may also experience it having a little buying, in your house cautiously.
In many cases, you should think of a modern bedroom collection like producing your bedroom such as a public. The present day bedroom and bedroom set allows you to develop a contemporary art public in your room. Remember, in the type of modern furniture following the functionality, the parts are obviously willing to do their task, but the emotion of the public comes in the fact that they lack the style decorations.
Instead, the sack sets are contemporary and the furniture is clean and sharp in-design and it is frequently a signature slice that could often work nicely with others or endure alone. As this will be the center of your bedroom museum present, you should start with the bed, oneself.